In response to queries rasied by Clubs, GWG Match & Play has reviewed the 2021 Pennant Rules Handbook to clarify some areas of concern.
In addition, GWG Preisident, Fran Renehan has provided the following for Pennant Captains, Managers and Players;
- 8 AM will be the hit off time for round 1 January 31, 2021 pennant as outlined on the tee allocation sheets and the rule book.
- Rule 4.1.4 has been modified to allow team lists to be submitted 15 minutes prior to 8 AM. Pennant captains are strongly encouraged to email the host club the team list on Saturday evening.
- Rule 22.214.171.124 requests that players are ready to play 10 minutes prior to 8 AM.
- Rule 4.7.1 allows for Scratch players to use carts but that a medical certificate must be produced on request.
- Handicap order is based on the current daily handicap for each player.
- Tee Allocations. Host Clubs are welcome to modify the tee allocation draw to suit the course layout. The modified allocation must be clearly available to players prior to hit-off time.
- Food provision. As per 2020, players pay $5 for a basic lunch. Competing teams must pay the Host Club on the day. GWG is not involved in this transaction.
Please address any commentary directly to the GWG President (firstname.lastname@example.org) . This information will appear on the GWG website. All other versions of the rule book are now void.
Download the 25/01/2021 Vesion of the 2021 Men’s Pennent Rules Handbook here.